Sunday, February 19, 2012

Non-stop!

The past couple runs I've gone on I've been able to do it without walking intervals but today I really didn't have to stop. Sunday traffic meant that I didn't even have to wait at lights or to cross the street, which is probably what made the difference in my time compared to yesterday but I don't care, that still means I ran constantly for 5km! And it was raining, so I ran without music... I'm lucky I went as early as I did though since just after I got home it started snow/raining like mad and it looks pretty windy out there now. I was pretty happy about getting out running that early anyways. It's been a goal of mine to get up earlier and go running right away so that I'm energized and can get more done during the day. So now all I have to do is keep it up and make it a habit!


Mmm... Lunch time and since I have a couple ripening avacados that I recently bought on sale I made this creamy avacado pasta sauce for probably the third time now. It's so tasty and quick!


This is my slightly adapted version of 15 Minute Creamy Avacado Pasta from Oh She Glows, a blog with lots of delicious and healthy vegan recipes (not that I plan to be vegan but she makes good stuff)!



Ingredients:
- 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta

- 1 ripe, medium sized avacado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon juiced + lemon zest to garnish
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves (it's really garlicky with 3 since they're not cooked, if you like garlic go for it!)
- approx. 1/4 cup fresh basil (can sub. for other herbs or a couple tbsps. of dried herbs)
- your choice of chile or jalepeno to spice things up a bit (optional of course)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste

It would make the perfect amount for 2, so for myself I either make a half batch or only throw half the sauce onto my pasta. It's best stored separate if you want to/must save it for leftovers since you never actually heat the sauce beyond mixing it with the pasta. 


Directions:
1. Begin preparing the pasta according to instructions.

2. While it's cooking, make the sauce by placing everything except the lemon zest into a blender bowl and blending until smooth and creamy. That's it!

Blend it!
3. When pasta is finished (and it will take longer), drain it and divide it into your serving bowl(s). Pour on the sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and pepper. Serve immediately.


Oh ya, I almost forgot - this time I added half of a large tomato, so it's kind of like guacamole and salsa on pasta...

Enjoy!




2 comments: