Friday, May 18, 2012

Edmonton Spring Sprint - June 2, 2012

 The following is a message from my Mother regarding Edmonton's upcoming Spring Sprint Walk and Fun Run for the Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada


It's too far for me to make it there for the weekend or I'd be going for the run, some food, fun and the great prizes I've been hearing about...


If you're within Canada but too far away to make it to Edmonton that weekend, the Spring Sprint is taking place in a number of cities across Canada through May and June - check out the list at the bottom of this post for a list of upcoming dates.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear friends and family

As most of you know, last year at this time, our daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumour. As you can imagine this was one of the most difficult times of our lives. At first it was difficult to even comprehend (I found it easier to call it a growth in her head, rather than a brain tumour).

Lyndsy had brain surgery in Dresden, Germany in late August, 2011 and has made a remarkable recovery. We couldn't be happier. She is attending University and in fact at the end of April she competed in a 10 km run. 

Shortly after she was diagnosed last year,  I found out about a fundraising walk for the Brain Tumour Foundation called the "Spring Sprint".  I attended this walk last year, and as well Fred and I went to a support group meeting in Edmonton to learn as much as we could about this terrible disease. This past year I became involved with the Spring Sprint as a way to give back and help others. I am the Spring Sprint Coordinator. 

The walk will be held on June 2, 2012 in Hawrelak Park. It is a 2.5 km or 5 km walk around Hawrelak Park. Along with the walk there will be entertainment, door prizes, a silent auction (we have obtained some great prizes), and lunch. 

If you are able to participate - I encourage you to sign up.

To register or to donate directly to the Edmonton Spring Sprint (we have a goal of $75,000) please go to


Thank you.

Sincerely,


Sharon Schultz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



26/May/2012

27/May/2012

02/Jun/2012

03/Jun/2012

09/Jun/2012

10/Jun/2012



If you make it out to any of these events, let me know how it was. I'd join in the fun too if I could!



No comments:

Post a Comment